Service SOFF governing bodies
• Liaise with SOFF Steering Committee co-chairs and members, organize meetings and prepare all relevant documentation
• Liaise with SOFF Advisory Board co-chairs and members, organize meetings and prepare all relevant documentation
• Support the SOFF co-creators – WMO, UNEP, UNDP – in the implementation of their different roles.
Coordinate SOFF operations and programming
• Coordinate the preparation of the SOFF Operational Manual and SOFF Operational Guidance Handbook and, as needed, their updates
• Coordinate and support the operational work between beneficiary countries, SOFF IEs, SOFF peer advisors and WMO Technical Authority
• Coordinate the preparation of the SOFF work programme
• Facilitate the preparation of funding requests and review them for completeness
• Keep portfolio overview
• Facilitate the provision of SOFF peer advisory services
• Liaise with the WMO Technical Authority to ensure streamlined delivery of the WMO Technical Authority functions.
• Liaise with the UNMPTF Office as SOFF Trustee to ensure the Steering Committee is informed about the SOFF UNMPTF administration and fiduciary oversight
• Support the Trustee activities, including the disbursement of funds to and legal arrangements with SOFF IEs, peer advisors, and countries
• Collaborate with the Trustee to ensure that the Trustee has all the information necessary to carry out its responsibilities, including notification to the Trustee of allocations approved by the Steering Committee.